How to Apply
Residency applications are processed through ERAS at www.aamc.org/programs/eras/applicants/start.htm.
A completed residency program application file consists of:
- Completed ERAS application
- Personal Statement
- At least three letters of recommendation
- Dean's letter and transcripts from undergraduat and medical school
- USMLE scores including Step III
While we do not have a firm deadline, it is in your best interests to have your application completed by October 1st as our interview slots fill quickly. Interviews are by invitation only—we regret that we must limit the number of interviews granted.
- Possession of M.D. or D.O. degree from an ACGME accredited or dual accredited institution
- Completion of at least 11 months of clinical (direct patient care) internship year (PGY-1) in a program accredited by the ACGME by the time of entry into the program
- Must be licensed in California by the end of the PGY-2 year or after a total of 24 months of ACGME-accredited training, whichever is sooner
Application Process at San Diego State University
Those selected for the Residency Program will also be required to complete the application process for admission to the Graduate School of Public Health at San Diego State University and will be provided with those instructions at the appropriate time.
For more information, contact Ms. Graham Ryan, Program Coordinator